This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

and we drove... on a wet and windy road to the coast...


beef n tofu + salty fish and chicken fried rice
from: Hong Kong Chinese
price: $5.30 for tofu $7ish for saltyfish
rating: &&&&/&&&&&
listening to: Hefner - The Hefner Brain
comments: erin got the beef and tofu, and I got the salted fish and chicken fried rice. I love this stuff. it is soooooooo good. erin's not happy with the tofu. says there's not enough sauce, but since I don't have that dish very often, I think it's incredible. maybe erin doesn't like it as much as usual because there's too much geodry kitchen in it.

and Greg C had:

Veal Steak with brown rice and broccoli
from: home
price: n/a
rating: &&&.5/&&&&&
comments: greg says, "two words: gray veee, this sucker needed it, lots of it. the first bite was excellent but after that it got a little bland for me, next time I sacrifice a young animal I shall demand it be seasoned."

---------------a very special PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!---------------

this link is important. I need your support. everyone can help here. I've linked to the BC Liquor store webpage (twice!!) where you can comment. I've already commented, and I implore you to do the same. comment about what you ask? well, the liquor store at 39th and Cambie has gotten rid of their beer coolers. this is stupid. those beer coolers are important. they make buying cold beer fun and affordable. so, if you can, please send them a complaint about this. if enough people complain and threaten to shop at beer and wine stores, then maybe they'll get the coolers back.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mwahahhahaha. I am under pressure to study yet in this residence-wide carpet cleaning day the endless noise diverted me to this. I like the goofyguy photo. So, you did not see the young animal well seasoned, eh? I saw the fishboy was withholding his desire to eat very fresh baby...

June 16, 2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger wiwian said...

why are they getting rid of the cooler? cause they are not cool anymore? they are my last min resource if I need cold beer. what am I supposed to do now? drink warm beer?

June 16, 2005 5:17 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

I don't know why they are getting rid of it. but I've already told you what you need to do about it...

CLICK THE LINK AND WRITE A COMPLAINT!!!
this is the only way that they might get one back. DO IT!!! and I want to see comments from people who have done it. if you want to see this blog continue... you better write some complaints to the liquor people!

June 16, 2005 5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you better believe i complained about it! i won't stand for no warm beer!

June 17, 2005 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's what i had to say: "Please don't take away cold beer. In fact, more coolers at more stores would be the more intelligent option. Let's have more intelligence and more cold beer!"

June 18, 2005 9:11 AM  
Blogger erinator said...

i complained, but i rarely go to that liquor store. though if i do need cold beer, i usually go there first.

June 20, 2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger erinator said...

i complained, but i rarely go to that liquor store. though if i do need cold beer, i usually go there first.

June 20, 2005 3:01 PM  
Blogger erinator said...

oops, i didn't hit publish twice. oh well. i was going to add that i rarely neeeeed beer. it's usually for others. and cold beer is better than warm beer any day!

June 20, 2005 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where does beer in a bucket fit on your cold beer / warm beer rating scale?

June 21, 2005 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share