This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Ladies and Gentleman, we are floating in space...


beef n egg on rice, spicy to go.
from: Hong Kong Chinese Food
price: FREE!!! I filled my customer appreciation card.
rating: &&&&/&&&&&
listening to while eating: Spiritualized
comments: good stuff. I love the beef n egg on rice. and I went so late that there was no line up. I was the only customer. the guy made my food in about 2 minutes. fast food. very. and I went to the bookstore, too. I had never seen the vending machine outside of it. amazing. for those students who need a blank DVD at 3am.

and Erin had:

red bean sticky rice
from: pine house bakery (42nd and Victoria)
price: $2.50
rating: &&&&/&&&&&
comments: erin says, "the dark orange stuff in the middle is a little too grainy for my taste. it's a weird texture and i can't tell what it tastes like. the red beans are nice, but a little too much. next time, i'll go for the plain sticky rice wrap. but overall, a good deal. i'm full and it was less than $3." personally, I had some other baked good from this bakery. quite yummy, I say!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you like raw chinese food, cooked in 2 min!!! I am getting addicted to egg tarts from chinese bakeries these days... Hahaha UBC Bookstore, they do anything they can make money on. Though I am from Japan where there are a variety of vending machines, I have never ever seen the one which sells stationary!!! (in Japan, You can get XXX magazines, wine&beer, and even chu a la creme) Now, you wish you live in Japan?

June 08, 2005 3:38 PM  
Blogger erinator said...

ok, so the orange stuff was egg. it just didn't taste much like it.

and the sponge cake i had for dessert was delicious! $0.80!

where do you get your egg tarts?

June 08, 2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger wiwian said...

yeah..vending machine in japan is cool. I believe someone said they sell underwear too??!!

June 08, 2005 3:54 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

I wonder if they sell vending machines in vending machines?

June 08, 2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger ray said...

erin, the orange stuff is not just a regular egg, it's a preserved salty duck egg. :P I like it when it's in a soup.

June 09, 2005 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's also called 'century egg' because that's how old they are:

"They are really only about 50 to 100 days old. The eggs are covered with a coating of lime, ashes, salt and rice straw and buried in shallow holes for up to 100 days. The lime "petrifies" the egg making it look like it's been buried for at least a century. The black outer coating and shell are removed to reveal a firm, amber-colored white and creamy, dark green yolk. The flavor is pungent and cheeselike. Eggs from chickens are generally used, though duck and goose eggs are also preserved in this manner. These eggs are sold individually and can be found in Chinese markets. They will keep at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the refrigerator up to a month. These preserved eggs are usually eaten uncooked, either for breakfast or served as an appetizer, often with accompaniments such as soy sauce or minced ginger."

June 10, 2005 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share