This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

kkccssshkcrrrc ckshhhrrrrthhhhhhrk (transformer transforming sound)


butter chicken, chickpeas n yoghurt curry
from: curry point
price: $5.87
rating: &&&/&&&&&
listening to: Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain.
comments: basically, the chickpeas were too dry. otherwise, the usual curry. now, let's talk about the link. I implore all lunchatthevillage blog viewers to help me and bucket win some prizes in the ernie ball contest. please vote for us. I bet we won't win, but hey, why not try? so please do this for us. and if you feel like it, you can listen to the song again and keep our numbers climbing. just make sure you let it play all the way through. or else it won't count it. and don't do it from work. well, from my work. it only counts the IP once.

and Gord had (please note, the 'r' is silent):

"arroz con pollo", a traditional Peruvian dish which translates simply to "rice with chicken"
from: Melody made it. She lived in Peru for a year or so and makes a few Peruvian recipes.
price: n/a (home cookin')
rating: &&&/&&&&&(5 being mucho deliciouso)
comments: Gord (silent r) says, "Kinda plain. Not enough spice for me. Someone put fish in the microwave earlier today. Stunk up the office. But I don't think the flavour invaded my lunch."

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't "kkccssshkcrrrc ckshhhrrrrthhhhhhrk" the province where Chewbacca was from?

June 22, 2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger erinator said...

re: the post where you demanded that we email the liquor store about bringing back the coolers...

this is the response i got:

-----
Thank you for taking the time to write.

The 39th & Cambie government liquor store is currently undergoing a
significant renovation, which is expected to be complete by December 2005.
The removal of the coolers - as part of this renovation - will create more
space, in turn increasing product selection and enhancing customers' retail
experience in our flagship store.

Please visit www.bcliquorstores.com again.
-----

so i don't think they'll be bringing the coolers back. oh well.

June 22, 2005 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, they didn't respond to my email. Perhaps I overwhelmed them with my straightforward logical request. Or perhaps I should have added a question mark so they'd feel obliged to reply. obligated. obliged. kinda looks like a bunch of letters all thrown together... sounds like it too. obligated. obliged. obligated. obliged. obligated.

June 22, 2005 9:00 PM  
Blogger FiSHBoY said...

Coolers are good and all, but increasing product selection AND enhancing my customer retail experience? Hmmm... My customer retail experience could use enhancement... (I just about typed enchancement there. That's my new word, I think...)

June 23, 2005 1:25 AM  
Blogger gwilli said...

I didn't get a reply like that, either. if I did, I'd reply to them and tell them that I won't stand for their elitist ways! I know that their "renovations" are targetting the fancy-wine connaisouers. and if they think that selling 2 $100 bottles of wine is more important to them than selling 10 cases of cold beer then I think they know where they can stuff it! yeah! hoo ha!

we need more people to complain. must find a way to increase complaints... maybe russ can write a script? :)

June 23, 2005 11:10 AM  
Blogger gwilli said...

oh. I did get a reply from them. I guess we all will, just not all that quickly. so I did reply....
"good for you. I'd love to hear more about your plans to "enhance customers' retail
experience in your flagship store." which customers, in particular, are you talking about? you want to enhance my retail experience? get some coolers. until then, I'll be shopping at the cold beer and wine stores.

have fun with your "flagship".
greg"

what a jerk, huh?

June 23, 2005 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to comment on the actual entry, and not some silly 39th and cambie soap opera:

the r is not silent!

June 23, 2005 2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

minkey girl: hkcf takes phone orders, that's about as close as you're going to get.. 604 222 1311, or speed-dial under 'h' on gwilli's phone at work.

June 23, 2005 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. where's today's lunch? it's 1838h AST already.. I don't have all day here people!!! (and by people!!! I mean gwilli).

June 23, 2005 2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the trick is to leave lots of comments because they go straight to gwilli's email, which might prompt him to get todays issue out sooner. or later.

June 23, 2005 2:39 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

the r should be silent on this one. this is a very serious issue. it is very dear to my heart, and to mah belly!! beer needs to be cold!!! in a civilized world, it would only be sold cold. in a civilized world, we'd be able to drink on the street. in a civilized world, there would be no mustangs on the road! in a civiliz...

June 23, 2005 3:09 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

no one's gonna read this. but I found out that the liquor store at 19th and cambie will be getting coolers installed. huzzah! AND it's open 'till 11 now. double huzzah!!!

they really could have mentioned that in their stupid replies, no?

June 29, 2005 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share