This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I was feeling nearly faded as my jeans


a garden felafel
from: Nuba
price: $5.25
rating: &&&&.5/&&&&&
listening to: Janis Joplin
comments: this felafel was great. it's even $1 cheaper if you don't choose the "garden" option. but I had to. it included avacado and something else. yum. it was good. after work I went rollerblading out at ubc. click the pic to see.

and edward had:

a garden felafel, also
comments: ed's felafel was the same as mine. click his felafel to see the people making the movie that yelled at us at ubc. "hey, you're in my shot!" more than one person yelled that at us. who's shot was it, anyway??! I decided it was mine. my shot. but really, I couldn't believe when I read this sign tucked away behind a tree. as if that's a legally binding contract! I should wear a t-shirt like this. then I can take a picture of anyone and sell it without legal percussoins. "if you can read this shirt, then you submit your image and likeness to the owner of the shirt and he can do whatever he wants with it" nice.

special crow feature:

today I had some crow run-ins. the 3rd pic is just a few I walked through and scattered. the 2nd one is a young crow I saw sitting on a fence. I got pretty close to take that picture and he didn't fly away. cuz he couln't fly yet. his parents got real mad at me for that. one of them is in the 1st picture. I got dive-bombed pretty awesomely. I didn't even notice the other young crow in that photo until I saw it in the photo. I guess their nest is on the edge of the bridge there. fun!

6 Comments:

Blogger Reagan White said...

Very creative GeeWaldo insert today.

A bit eerie, actually. Nice one, WeeGilly!!!

June 20, 2007 2:43 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

38 jasons to reagan!

June 20, 2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger killerX57 said...

popopopopopopopopoopopopopopop. no comment.

June 20, 2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger erinator said...

today, i heard some crows causing a ruckus and figured there must be a baby crow in danger or something nearby. it turns out that there was a baby raccoon on the roof of a house instead, and i got to see mama raccoon haul the chatty baby away from the the roof edge. i wish i had had my camera with me!

June 22, 2007 1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, baby crows can't fly for about a week after they hatch, and they live on the ground as the parents protect them from above. It's cool.

I got to drive an ambulance with lights and sirens on Friday. There was one accident on highway one in Surrey, and the traffic was backed up all the way to the bridge. So I just ploughed down the middle of both lanes, forcing cars off either side. It was so awesome! Everyone in the accident was all right, too.


MrF

June 26, 2007 8:12 AM  
Blogger gwilli said...

steffen!!
you're right about the crows, to a degree. it's more like 3 weeks after they hatch, and in the city, it's not really an option to jump down to the street and getting flying lessons. 'specially the crows who were nesting right above water street. perhaps you didn't see the fate of one of them a few weeks back here. :(
but anyway... what you doing ambulancing in surrey?! I thought you were in cranbrook or boston bar or somewhere else far away. I also saw a car wrecked on the highway in surrey on sunday. not on the canada 1, though it was on 91, I think. car upside down in the ditch. crazy weather we had then.

June 26, 2007 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share