This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Monday, August 29, 2005

greetings from our nation's capitol

click for drink pics
the spartacat beef burger with fries, onion rings, and a shake
from: The Works
price: $20ish
rating: &&&&&/&&&&&
comments: Wow. this place is crazy. it turns out that Ben is a bit of a regular lunchatthevillage reader. and when he heard I was coming to visit him and Allison, he planned exactly where he would take us to lunch. and it was a great choice! just look at this crazy menu!!! We started off with drinks and onion rings. Both of which were served in unique ways. a tower of onion rings with delicious dipping sauces, and 1/2 litre measuring cups full of shake, water, icy fruit drinks, etc. Then to the burgers. I tell ya, I couldn't finish all my food. I ate till I burst! then we all went swimming and jumped off a covered brigde. wheeeeee!

and Ben had:
click for onion rings!
fire station #6 burger with onion rings and sweet potato string fries
price: $15ish?
from: the Works
rating: &&&&/&&&&&
comments: I guess Ben and Allison have had this before, so it wasn't quite the novelty that it was for me. therefore a slightly lower rating. Also, Ben said that he didn't make the best choice with his burger. a burger full of jalepenos is not suggested when it's super hot and muggy outside. Allison also said that they went a little too far. like it's cute to have shakes in measuring cups, but coffee?? that was a little over the top. but then she started drinking for the spout and realized it wasn't so bad. heehee. overall, her suggestion for future visits to the Works: onion rings, a milshake, and split a burger (or get the burger without the side) it's just too much food for normal humans.

thanks again Ben and Alli!!! we had a great time in our nation's capitol!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I see Erin behind drinks and you behind onion rings there? w e e n

August 29, 2005 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a measuring cup full of vodka? "measuringcupofvodka"... that will be my new name. weezer.

August 29, 2005 11:38 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

it's actually water, but if I go there again, I should order a vodka and see how they bring it to me. gwar.

August 31, 2005 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share