This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Monday, February 16, 2009

look what lunch has done


shrimpy dumplings in noodle soup
from: kam gok yuen (in chinatown)
price: $5ish
rating: &&&&/&&&&&
listening to: chris whitley
comments: today was an exciting day. this is because I converted one of my Nikon D1's into an 'infrared camera'. and I sorta took a bunch of infrared-like photos using a R60 filter and an IR flashlight. I learned a lot playing with this. some things I learned:
-when you take the filter off your CCD in a cat-dominated apartment, make sure you blow the dust off the CCD _before_ shooting.
-I need a proper R72 filter to actually shoot IR properly.
-everyone looks creepy in IR light
-bill and travis aren't very good at focusing.
click to see a gif that will make you laugh. make you cry. make you watch it over and over again and rush to show your friends.

and ritchie had:

bbq pork noodle soup
comments: the linked wiggly of hey ritchie is very messed with. I think the wonky colours can be mainly attributed to the D1 being old and weird. there wasn't much IR light showing up in this shot.

and we shared:

some gailan
comments: click to see science world wiggling in a nightmarish looking world.

and tommy had:

his regular sandwich... covered with extra infrared light!
comments: click to see another pic where the IR light played no real part. but it's neat, cuz of the sparks!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Russ Weeks said...

yay! please let IR be the new wiggly.

February 17, 2009 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share