This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

japan - day 7 (final day)


a beggie bento box
from: some place in the train station
price: no idea
rating: &&.5/&&&&&
comments: I wasn't overly fond of this lunch. some of it was quite tasty, but some were just not good to me. click to see the outside of the kyoto imperial palace that ritchie and I got up at 6am to see. all we could see was walls and gates. :(

I also had:

this amazing hot dog like food
comments: there was also this bakery at the train station that had AMAZING food. I shoulda bought more stuff from bakeries while I was in the country. yakitate jaaaaaa-pan!!! man, it was good. click on it to see the kids waving at us gai-jin as we waited for the train back to tokyo.

and ritchie:

seemed to like his bento box more than I.
comments: so, this was our last day in japan. we rode the train from kyoto back to tokyo, then another to the narita airport. I guess I was done taking pics, as there didn't seem to be as many wigglies today. click to see Mt. Fuji as we saw it from the train ride.

and we also had:

some rice triangles
comments: throughout our trip, we ate lots of these rice triangle from convenience stores. they are delicious. this one was a fancier one. wrapped in a banana leaf, it really kept the moisture in more than the seaweed/plastic wrapped ones. click to see ritchie mixin' it up with the locals.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Reagan White said...

really enjoyed the blogging and photos, Greg. let's go to lunch and talk about Japan -- i more time now that my bc hydro contract is over. i used to live in japan and have been back many times since. your pics triggered many memories, including some from 20 years ago. kampai!

June 02, 2009 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share