This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Monday, May 01, 2006

range rovin' with the cinema stars


beef curry and zuccini curry
from: Curry Point
price: $5.85 (I get discount for having container!)
rating: &&&.5/&&&&&
listening to: Pavement
comments: it's curry monday. so there. and choosing not to have butter chicken and yogurt... not a great idea. stick to what is best, methinks. next time. now click the pic to see my houseguest. if you think she looks a bit sad, she is. it's hard to tell from the picture, but she was actually crying a bit. weird. I best go check on her now.

and erin had:

tofu n green beans n stuff.
from: HK Chinese
price: $5ish (I'm guessing)
rating: &/&&&&& (I'm educatedly guessing)
comments: erin had to go to cooking class, so she's not here to give a review. but I know she hated her lunch. the fried rice was dry and flavourless, the beans were burnt and overall, it sucked. again... it was not the main chef. it was the younger chef. she didn't know this before ordering because he was in the back. see the comments for erin's full rant. and click the pic to see the link she wanted me to share today. we actually met one of those longboarders when visiting r. in the 'fax. hoo ha.

9 Comments:

Blogger g said...

lunch pic à la gwilli

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geniva/137762706/

May 01, 2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger erinator said...

B16 was its name. Ugh. I even omitted the sketchy looking chow mein and still, it was a disappointing lunch. The only reason I'd give it one & is because I wasn't hungry after eating it. And the tofu wasn't rancid this time.

Gripe 1: the fried rice was undercooked and thus too crunchy
Gripe 2: the rice and toppings were not arranged in the regular fashion where the sauce would be soaked up by the rice, but rather, side-by-side, so the rice STAYED dry and crunchy. This method of packing my food also meant that there was much less topping than usual.
Gripe 3: the black bean sauce tasted like it came straight out of the jar, even though I KNOW there are bowls of sauces by the wok
Gripe 4: I asked for it to be "spicy, to go". The only thing that was done properly was the "to go" part. I counted 5 chili flakes when I checked to make sure he hadn't forgotten to make it spicy, so I added 2 heaping spoonfuls of chili oil and flakes, but it still wasn't sufficiently spicy to overpower the bland black bean sauce.
Gripe 5: the beans were undercooked but burnt at the same time.

May 02, 2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger iTripped said...

uh, I went to G's lunch pic and looked at some of the other photos by that person. I found this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/geniva/139189484/

Is that Alice Cooper with her?

May 02, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger FiSHBoY said...

Ahh, hey, I know who that G is now. And yes that does appear to be Alice Cooper. I think that requries explaining. ;)

May 02, 2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

yeah G. what up?? do tell!

she just uploaded that today. it wasn't there when I looked earlier. crazy. and I've recently seen Alice Cooper on the internet at oneredpaperclip

May 02, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger g said...

alice cooper was on my flight home from newfoundland. i went up afterwards to ask for a pic, and now i'm on the guest list for his concert tomorrow night. and i'm bringin' r., who apparently doesn't have any metal clothes.

May 02, 2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger FiSHBoY said...

That's crazy hardcore awesome.

May 02, 2006 2:13 PM  
Blogger iTripped said...

Gwilli, is this the first celebrety tie-in on your site?

May 02, 2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

I guess it is the first celebrity tie in. but it's not really on the blog. it's a 2nd degree reference.

but since you asked, dave, I just emailed Chuck D. and asked if he could come visit the blog, or visit the village. hopefully, he'll reply, but it might take a couple months. he's a busy man.

May 02, 2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share