This blog contains 0 carbs!!

my lunch. in photos. and stuff like that.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

don't I know you from the cinematographer's party?


chicken udon and tuna sashimi
from: Osaka Sushi
price: $12.25
rating: &&&&&/&&&&&
listening to: paul simon
comments: not sure why, but today I splurged on lunch. and it was worth it. tuna sashimi is probably the greatest food in my world. too bad it costs so much, cuz I could eat it for any and every meal. and in other news, jeff, jason and I got our lensbabies today. yay!! now I just need a charger for my camera. arg. if anyone knows of a nikon MH-15 or MH-16 for less than $100, please tell me. here's another lensbaby picture to enjoy. I tweaked the colours.

and greg had:

eggplant and lamb/spinach curries
from: Curry Point
price: six bucks
rating: &&&/&&&&&
comments: greg was disappointed with his lunch today. he said that the spinach/lamb curry really wasn't all that. and it definitely is not "the new butter chicken" as Ali has said. he was also disappointed to find out that 1veg+1meat curry is now $6. in other lunch news... Viv dropped her sandwich today. alex would think this is a laughing matter, but I do not. he'll probably go to the 12th level of chinese hell for wasting food. but he didn't waste the food. maybe there's another level for laughing at people who dropped their food? either way, half the sandwich looked fine to me. I think she could have eaten it. oh well. click to see the bits of dirt in the sandwich.

8 Comments:

Blogger iTripped said...

Sandwich tragedy! I guess it didn't make it past the 5 second rule? I agree it does look like a lot of it could have been salvaged, but maybe I'm only saying that because the sandwich looked so tasty.

Is it hard to maintain focus on the subject with the lensbaby? If the subject is moving around, that is. Just curious as to how easy it is to maintain focus on someone who is moving.

February 10, 2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger gwilli said...

well, the photo doesn't show all the dirt. but you get the idea. it wasn't too dirty. she said it fell in mud, though. and she didn't want to eat dirt, even after I said, "god made dirt, it won't hurt" I thought that might appeal to her.

yeah, focusing the lensbaby is very tricky. I think after time, you'd just get better and better at it. I want to build some kind of device that locks the lens into positions. not sure how, but I have some ideas. as it is, long exposure photography is not really possible with it, since you have to hold the focusing with your hand. once I get a battery charger, I'll start playing with it lots.

February 10, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger iTripped said...

So if you let go of it does it go all limp? (get your mind out of the gutter.)

I assumed there would be some resistance to movement so that it would hold it's place. Interesting

February 10, 2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger wiwian said...

I didn't see you go to eat worm! god made worm too! did you eat worm? oh noo..you have burger and beer instead

February 10, 2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger FiSHBoY said...

I've eaten the worm from a bottle of mezcal... :/

February 10, 2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come you didn't get the autofocus lensbaby? and don't you eat lunch on friday? I expect burgers and beer at the thunderbar!

February 12, 2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger gwilli said...

I haven't eaten since thursday.

haven't drank since friday.

haven't breathed all day today.

February 13, 2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger iTripped said...

Atta boy, G. Stinky and hungry. And possibly hung over. Weren't you like that when I interviewed you?

February 13, 2006 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


... Share